I'm all about "new year, new beginnings"... and with that mentality comes new resolutions. Coming off a pretty downer year that was 2020, I'm aiming high at bettering myself physically & mentally in 2021. Last year was full of loneliness, cancellations and closures given the ongoing pandemic...but this year, it's time to get back on track. It's time to get healthy.
Below are my resolutions for 2021... some cliché, some the same as last year and some seemingly impossible... but hey, gotta try if you want change, right?
(No judgement here, ain't nobody perfect...)
2021 resolutions & goals
1. Eat healthier: focus on quality, content, portions, etc. and limit alcohol ("Dry-uary")
2. Cook more at home: less drive-thru, more meal prep. Attempt one recipe a week.
3. Exercise regularly: shoot for at least 3 times a week (walking, running or OTF)
4. Drink more water: at least 40oz a day (bought the fancy water bottle, now use it)
5. Drive slower: pulled over twice in 2020 (oops), aim for 0 in 2021
6. Purchase a dining table: the last thing I need to finish furnishing the house
7. Work on family history albums: Currie & Otto albums
8. Take better care of skin & teeth: schedule regular facials & nightly flossing
9. Priority self care: more baths, mental health days, family time & reading
Here's to better mental, physical, emotional health in 2021. Let's freakin' do this.